- Posted by: Unique Forwarding
- Category: Industry News
The facilitations are as follows:
- Making S&S Movement Reference Numbers (MRNs) optional in the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS), for both imports and exports
- Removal of S&S requirements on outbound inter-port transhipments (when moved under transit and a single transport contract)
- Removal of S&S requirements on Merchandise in Baggage, for both imports and exports
- As part of the package of easements, empty units exported under a transport contract will no longer be required to complete S&S declarations
Removing the need for S&S declarations (also known as Exit Summary or EXS declarations) will reduce the burden on hauliers and carriers, allowing empty containers, pallets and vehicles to move more quickly and efficiently.
Also from 1st July 2022, carriers can complete inputs into the GVMS without entering any S&S declaration reference numbers. Including the S&S declaration reference number has previously been encouraged, and this remains an option; however, users now can complete the form without it if they choose to.
Updated guidance will follow in due course.